Encroachment Permits are required for any work proposed within the City's right-of-way and includes such work as utility installations and repairs, driveway construction, sidewalk repair, filming of motion pictures and still photography, placement of obstructions in the right-of-way such as fences, trees, poles, and overhead structures.

For more information, click on the permits we issue below, or contact us at or by phone 805-646-5581 ext 200.

Insurance is required for Permittees. Please see our requirements here: Permittee Insurance Requirements (PDF)